SchoolMessenger: Safe Arrival
You are asked to report your child’s absence in advance whenever possible using one of these convenient methods:
Interactive Toll-Free Phone:
SchoolMessenger Through PowerSchool:
- Log into the Parent Portal of PowerSchool: https://sishrsb.ednet.ns.ca/public/
- If signing in for the first time, follow the instructions at the bottom of the page
- Select the SchoolMessenger link from the left-hand menu
- Select Attendance from the menu, then select Report an Absence
- Follow the prompts.
- Download the SchoolMessenger app for Android and iOS devices
- Sign up using your PowerSchool username (full email adress) that the school has on record for you
- Click on Attendance
- Follow the prompts
Click here for a short video on how to report your child's absence using SchoolMessenger: SafeArrival.
Absences can be reported in advance, up to the start of the school day on the date of your child’s absence:
- 24 hours/day
- 7 days a week
- For any school day during the current school year
When an absence is reported or updated, you will receive a confirmation notice by email.
If you don’t report your child’s absence in advance, the automated notification system will try to contact you. This may include an email, text message, and phone call. You will be asked to confirm your child’s absence.
If you try to explain an absence using SchoolMessenger, but are then told that it is past the cut-off time, please contact the school directly.
If you do not want to receive notifications when your child is absent, be sure to report their absence in advance.
If the automated system cannot reach you, a school staff member will contact you.
For further information and frequently asked questions, please click here